Tuesday, June 23, 2015

DON'T EVER PASS BY



My view every morning





DON'T EVER PASS BY

This mission continues to be the absolute best. I LOVE Brazil. I am truly meant to be here. Sure the mission has its ups and downs, but I wouldn't want to be in any other place on Earth. This week was not the funnest. I have been really sick all week and tried to figure out what was wrong with me. This week was so hard on me. Wanting to work and teach, but not being physically able to is the hardest thing ever. But I have learned a lot and the Doctors here are amazing. So I will be alright. No worries mommy, I will be ok ;)
But this week we had an amazing lesson with a less active member, M. He has been out of the church for awhile and we felt we needed to visit him. He was so happy that we came. He told us that he thought the church forgot about him because no one came to visit him when he left and the missionaries would always pass by him without saying anything. This taught me that as missionaries we really do need to talk to everyone, because who knows who is sincerely searching. He will for sure come back to church. I am so grateful for the spirit because the only reason why people want to return to the church is because they cannot deny the spirit of Peace they feel in the church.
A ton of things happen in a week and I can hardly remember what happened yesterday. The life of a missionary is crazy. But it is amazing. This week wasn't the most productive with me being really sick, but I know that this is a time that the Lord is testing me. He Always allows us to have difficulties to make us stronger and to help us become what he wants us to be. I am so grateful for the trials I have in my life. This mission has already changed me forever. The people, the culture, the church here, everything!! And it is all possible through Christ. Some of the people here I truly feel I met them before this life and I cannot imagine my life without knowing them or meeting them here. Their example has touched my heart and changed me forever. Sometimes it is hard when I cannot fully express my love for them with words. But my Heavenly Father always helps me. I have never felt so close to him or my Savior. The gift of tongues is REAL. I literally cannot speak to these people without the spirit. The power of the spirit is the real life changer. I feel so honored and blessed to have this time to be an instrument in Gods hands here in Brazil. I am so grateful for this time I have to give my all to my Hero and Master, Jesus Christ. I know this is HIS work! I love you all and hope you continue to remember him Always. Beijos!
Sister Alena Porter

I made my Grandmas coconut cookies for my companions year mark!! SO yummy!

The elders came over to fix my bed...it was so funny.
I took a picture of the typical meat I eat everyday for my daddy. hahah I cried with joy! (pork, steak, chicken, sausage)

No comments:

Post a Comment