Monday, May 25, 2015

     ONCE COULDN'T UNDERSTAND~
NOW I CAN
Oi minha família! tudo bem?
This week was crazy. I started the week super sick. My stomach hurt SO bad that I couldnt sleep. Wasn't really fun, but I'm feeling way better now. I have found that the milk here that the members feed us is not good on my stomach. I feel extremely sick afterwards, so I can't eat anything with milk for awhile and lemme tell ya, its hard. haha The food here is the best!!! This week I also saw many miracles. This was the week I noticed that the people I once couldnt understand, I now can understand. This week I talked more in the lessons, and my Portuguese is getting better and better. I saw the spirit truly speak through me in so many of our lessons this week. It was incredible. It is so funny when people hear my accent, because they look at me like I'm the coolest person ever because I speak English haha. People Always say "fala inglês!"(do you speak English) haha. This week we had divisions with the sister training leaders. Of course, they gave me the American sister because they knew I wouldnt be able to understand the other sister with a thick Brazilian accent. It was very interesting. But was wonderful talking to everyone in the street and bearing testimony constantly with someone that could help with words. 
Walking to appointments in the rain 
with a borrowed broken umbrela haha
We had a lesson with a man named P. and he has problems with many things. As the sister was speaking, I noticed he wasn't really listening or caring about our message. I bore my testimony, and words just flowed out of my mouth. It was amazing. He looked directly at me and the room got silent. The spirit was so powerful. I am so grateful that the spirit teaches these people. It was an amazing experience for me to truly be an instrument.
Highlights of the week:
-Our investigator J. came to church! We found her through a reference of a member and she is accepting everything. She is really special. I feel like I knew her before this life. Our lessons with her are so wonderful because she feels the spirit easily and already has a testimony.
Our investigator J.  I LOVE her. And the ward girls that I feel are my sisters :)
-A lady gave us pizza and I was so excited to eat it....but after I took a bite, the sister told me it was sardine pizza.....umm ya I wanted to gag.  It was NASTY!!!
-M. B. will be baptized this week if Satan stays away! wahhooo!! :)
-E. is a woman with câncer that we taught the plan of salvation to. It was amazing and we are excited to continue teaching her. It is an amazing feeling when the people understand my words and feel the spirit in a diferente language.
-We had a meeting with the ward members that are leaders and the bishop called on me to bear my testimony. I was a little scared cause it was on the spot and with a ton of adults staring at me. But it was crazy- words came! I couldnt believe the spirit that filled the room and how many people were in tears. The spirit truly is speaking through me and it is a feeling I will never forget
I have been thinking a lot about my time here in Brazil and how blessed I feel daily. I literally feel my saviors love for me connstantly. As I look around, I see Gods hand in everything. He is ALWAYS here. This week there were some hard times, but always miracles after. There is no other place I would rather be right now and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. Being a missionary is unlike anything else in the world. I am so grateful for this perfect gospel and the perfect plan God has for us. It isn't easy. But is is so Worth it. We can become so much more through him. Our fears, our worries, our concerns, and even our doubts can be changed and strengthened through him. He is all powerful. I am living proof that He can change lives.  I love you all and hope you Always remember that you have a buddy that is Always right next to you!! Tchao :)
Sister Porter
Açai bowl :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment