Monday, April 13, 2015

 The Three A's ~ 
ASHLEY
ANNOUNCEMENT
AMAZING

First off,.....I GOT MY VISA FOR BRAZIL!!!! ahhhh!!! President G. called me yesterday, right after church, telling me I'm leaving straight to my mission in Santa Maria on Monday (the 20th)! My heart basically exploded and I cried for a couple hours. Heavenly Father definitely knows how to throw me curve balls, but his plan is best. I can hardly believe I am going to Brazil in a week. My heart is exploding. I love it here in Michigan. 
I love the people so much and it is going to be heart breaking to leave these people. But, Heavenly Father knew I needed to come here for a month before going to serve in Brazil. I have learned so much in the past month, it is insane. I have felt my Saviors presence with me always and have felt the love of my Heavenly Father more than ever before in my life. I know that these changes will be hard. But I know why I'm here and I will serve my Savior with my all.
This week was incredible! Full of miracles, challenges, trials, and blessings. So many of my questions and concerns were answered. I have been truly blessed to be able to serve here. President G. taught us a lesson about our patriarchal blessings this past zone meeting. It was amazing. I have never felt more close to my Heavenly Father or felt more of his love for me personally than since I have been serving a mission. This week we had a do or die lesson with our investigator C. He has a hard heart and doesn't want to change the way he is living to follow Christ. We bore our last solemn testimonies to him and had to drop him. My heart tore in half. As the sisters and I cried and cried over the loss of one of Gods children, I realized a glimpse of how the Savior must feel when we choose not to give up things to follow him more. There are no words to describe the sorrow that a missionary feels when they see someone not accept Christ.
Pond Village= Best place to find people. They are all accepting of the gospel because they live in humble, hard situations. Everyone is African American and we always have people yell out, "Why are there 2 white girls and a Mexican in here?" haha but everyone we talk to is willing to listen. It is amazing. We have seen so many miracles! It is hard to get use to walking up to groups of huge African American teenagers and teaching them about the restoration. On Friday though, a security officer pulled us over and said, "Think of the most dangerous place you could possibly imagine....in about an hour you are going to be in the most dangerous place, at the most dangerous time....be careful sisters." we felt so clueless! White girls in Detroit finding so many people, we had no idea. The spirit is so powerful. But we are being more careful to be aware of the spirit telling us where to go and where to stay away from.
Ashley got baptized on Saturday!! YAY! Satan loves to get in the way, but everything worked out. It was one of the most amazing experiences ever and one that I will forever cherish in my heart. Sister R. and I got to stand at the top of the steps to hand her the towel and hug her as she got out of the font. No words can describe the feelings that come when you realize that your efforts in letting the spirit guide your words led to that person becoming a member of the Church. My heart was full and oh how GREAT was my joy!!! The smile on her face, the glow that surrounded her, and the powerful spirit that was felt was out of this world. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father in allowing me to be a part of her life and witness her baptism. This is what dreams are made of!



I am speechless. My heart is overflowing. Heavenly Father is so aware of his children. I don't have a doubt that this is Christ's church. He has led me, guided me, strengthened me, and helped me through everything. HE LIVES. I am so excited to finish my last week here with a bang and share this message with the people here before I can't understand or speak to anyone. haha ;) I know Christ is real. He knows you better than anyone, and therefore can help you with anything. Allow him to be your everything, and your life will be so happy. His plan may not always be your plan, but it is so much better. 
I love you all!!! Tchao!
Sister Alena Porter


No comments:

Post a Comment