Friday, February 27, 2015


BRAZIL!!!

 With Life Long Friend, Annika

Love Being a SISTER Missionary



 My District


FEAR & DOUBT ~ COUNT THEM OUT!!

Ola minha familia e meu amigos!
What a week! I can't believe I've been a missionary for a month now! This week was hard. No shock there, haha. But this week was extra discouraging. However, this also was one of the most amazing weeks. I've learned so much about how to live with difficult people, my weaknesses, my Savior, and life in general. What it all comes down to is patience and love. Portugues' is difficult and feeling stupid all day is not fun, but the language barrier has truly helped me to rely on the spirit fully and to focus on promptings I receive. God is so patient with each of his children, so we need to be patient with ourselves. This week our lessons went so well!! After our lesson on Saturday, my teacher took us back into the classroom and said, "Wow, you sisters are awesome. I wish I could be taught by you all day." It was such an amazing moment hearing my teacher say that. The spirit is always so powerful and it is amazing speaking to someone in a different language and them actually understanding you after 4 weeks. I have amazing teachers and lover learning and growing every day. Jesus Christ was and is the most incredible missionary and teacher. This is Gods work. I feel my Savior's love and his guidance every day. It is the greatest honor to represent him. On important truth I learned this week was that any doubt or fear doesn't come from God. If any of you fear or have any doubts, know that Satan is trying to work on you. Don't let him!! You are more powerful. I love being a missionary. The spirit and priesthood are REAL. The atonement is already done and our sins are paid for. I know that I am called of God. Brazil is where I'm going to find my brothers and sisters that are counting on me to bring them the truth that they have forgotten. We are not full time missionaries; we are full time reminders. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for shaping me and preparing me to be a missionary these past few years. We can become everything we every dreamed of and more when we trust and give ourselves to his will. I am eternally in debt to God for teaching, helping, and allowing me to be a missionary. Through him, ALL THINGS are possible. I know this gospel is true. I am a witness of Jesus Christ. I love you all!!!
Sister Alena Jane Porter

We hosted the new missionaries on Wednesday & will be hosting again tomorrow!!


My companion got really quiet when we were walking to a room to study Portuguese and then I turned around to find her like this! (cards strewn ALL over the floor)!  Laughing so hard because her flash cards couldn't have been more spread out! haha missionary life



Obrigada por the package mommy!!! muahhhh!!





No comments:

Post a Comment