Wednesday, February 11, 2015

 I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! 
&
I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!!

 BRASIL BOUND :-)

 It's all about LOVE!!


 I love my comp! 
She reminds me of Anne of Green Gables dear friend, Diana.  



 Our door...

 P-day.  Shock! - no Skirt!

 Our room….

 Letters = HAPPINESS!! 
                    MOVING ALONG FASTER….
                       
Oi de Provo MTC!!
Nossa! Wow! I cant believe I've been a missionary for 2 weeks now! This week went by way fast. So many things happen in one day and I don't think I've yawned this much in my entire life! This week was tough, but strengthening. I already feel like a changed/updated person. This work is amazing and so true! This week, we finished teaching our investigator, S. He became our new teacher, and has taught us so much! Definitely one of the best teachers I've ever had. Our teachers told us that our district is moving faster with the language than any class they've ever had. We are learning things in Portuguese that most districts don't learn or do until their 4-week mark. So that was a shock! I still feel like I don't know much. But, our teachers have been moving fast with us. We made street contacts early this week and taught the entire 1st lesson to investigators. Without any notes or guides :) It was amazing seeing how words just come when we do our part as missionaries and study effectively. Some lessons are way hard. This week was very overwhelming and stressful. But my Heavenly Father and Savior have comforted me. My companion and I have had some hard times this week and have been talking a lot about how we can improve. But we always help build each other up and remember that these hard experiences will only make us better instruments in Gods hands. We are called to the work.
Things I learned this week:
-In Portuguese, coco=coconut & cocó=crap.....I hope I don't mix that one up in Brazil. haha
-God takes care of you when you take care of his children
-We are nothing without Christ, but we are everything with him
-How many times does the Savior think of himself? Never.
-If missionaries don't rely on the spirit, they can't teach
-Alma 36:27-28

This is truly the gospel of Jesus Christ. HE LIVES! I am so happy I am here as a representative of him. Through him, all things are possible. Weaknesses can truly become strengths; I am a witness of that. I am grateful for the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father and Christ. They are my everything and I love them with all of my heart. I feel my Heavenly Fathers love for me every day and see Christ guide me in all things. We are all so blessed. I hope each of us will try harder each day to come closer to him! I love you all and am so grateful for your support. A Igreja è verdadera. Eu amo você!!!  
Sister Alena Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment